Wednesday 7 December 2011

The Scullery

Hello everyone,

Firstly I want to thank Diane for your much appreciated comment and for following my blog. I'm so glad that you are interested in my projects.

Today I will be sharing with you the Scullery which is in the basement.
The Scullery
Most of the furniture that you see is made by myself. The table and chairs I have bought them as a kit, I have joined the pieces and built them. I regret for not doing them myself. I think I would have done a much better job.

Here you find the area where the washing is done. I have built this section where the chimney is and the oven and tub are. I have built them out of wood and then tiled them up. The top of the oven was covered with clay and painted so it would have a stone effect. Obviously the lid is made out of wood too. the door of the oven is just made out of cardboard and painted acrylic paints. I have dirtied the bricks to make a worn look effect.  






I have added some suitable accessories for this room which also serves as a ladder. The furniture is painted in a very pale light green and there are sections where they are painted in cream. 











All wall shelves have been built and designed by me. I like the wall shelf near the window myself which took some dedicated time to do. 

Well I guess this is.

Keep in touch as I will be posting more very soon.

Take Care and see you.

Rebecca xxx

4 comments:

  1. It is great and I agree that you would have done a better job of the table and chairs going by your other handmade pieces ;).
    Can I just ask what type of wood you make your furniture from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, Thank you for your comments. I usually use ply wood as it is easy to cut. After pieces are cut a lot of sanding is done to have a smooth finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca, I also really like the wall shelf by the window. Did you cut the wood into the wavy pattern or sand it that way? I like the stone walls and your accessories are really sweet, such detail.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruby,

    Thanks for your comments. Yes the wall shelf by window was cut first and then I have sand it a bit to have a smooth finish.

    Wishing you all the best for the festive season. xxx

    ReplyDelete