Wednesday 27 June 2012

Le Forge - The Stair Case and Water Closet

Hello everyone,

Firstly I want to thank everyone for your wonderful comments and I also want to welcome my newest follower Drora. It is very encouraging. 

Today I wanted to share with you some more of my work on the outside of  'Le Forge'  that I managed to complete in the past week. It hasn't been much, but for me it's quite an achievement. In Malta it has really been hot and my pregnancy is taking it's toll......so when I complete something even if it is something as small as this, it is like I made a giant's step.

As you all know this kit came without a stair case or doors and so I had to open one of the  second floor walls to add a door and also a leading outdoor staircase. So I have manged to complete most of the stair case. Still I need to fit a hand rail and the front door step. I have also fitted in the front door lantern which eventually will be lit.

Underneath the stair case there was enough room to make a water closet. I have added a small window and door and also fitted in an outdoor lantern.

For the water closet I have fitted in a butler's sink and also an old fashioned loo which I have made. I'm quite please with the out come. I still need to add some accessories to it and I still have to dirty a little this room. 

So this is how it's looking so far. Hope you like it.

Keep tuned as I'm still working on it and I still have much to share.

Take Care and see you soon.

Regards,

Rebecca xxx

Outside  Le Forge

The New Finished outside Staircase 

Matching doors and lanterns

Outside the Water Closet

Inside the Water Closet and the handmade loo

Inside the Water Closet and I also added a lace curtain to the small window

The Loo and Butler's sink inside the Water Closet. 

6 comments:

  1. Awsome! You've done a wonderful job,
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Drora. I am glad that you like it.

      Delete
  2. It looks simply amazing Rebecca! You would make a wonderful builder. So looking forward to seeing you soon now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a fantastic job. I love your loo. Cant wait to see more.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria for your lovely comments. I am so pleased. You will soon see more.

      Delete