Friday 23 November 2012

Working on the Front of Santa's Work Shop

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well. Christmas is getting closer and closer. I just hope that this project will be finished just in time for Christmas. I am very sure that my kids Matthias and Raquel will love it. I also wanted to welcome a new follower to my blog. Welcome Ozden Ceyhan! 

Today I will be sharing with you what I have done in this past week. I have worked mostly on the front panel of Santa's Work Shop which is one of the most important parts of the whole project. The front indicates if it is really a Christmas project or not and so far I think I have succeeded.

The front of Santa's Work Shop
So first I started working on the round window on the top floor. Originally this window came with a cross section which I have removed then I found a nice Christmas stained glass pattern to fit this window perfectly. I have traced it with a special painting material then painted it with glass paints. I love how it turned out as it came out very realistic.

Working on the stained glass

The Stained Glass

The finished window
Then I added some red fret wood decoration to make it look a bit more festive. Obviously I choose a warm red to paint them.

The fret wood decoration
After that I started working on the porch. Now this was a tricky one. The original kit had a very wide open porch which took a lot of space. So I decided to cut half the flooring and use the other half to do the ceiling of the porch. I got myself 4 long posts and some more decorative fret wood. Painted them in the same warm red. I also used pop sticks to do the flooring.

The Porch



 So this is how it is looking so far. I still have to add the snow effect and obviously the Christmas decorations. I am very pleased with the outcome so far. I hope you like it. Please keep tuned as I have more to share.

Wishing you all a very happy weekend.

Take Care and See you soon.

Rebecca xxx

8 comments:

  1. The window with stained glass is wonderful.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Faby. I am glad you like it. Take care

      Delete
  2. The house looks fantastic and very festive. I love the stained glass window.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work.
    You are so talented and very dedicated...............

    Love and hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patty my dear friend. I am glad you like what I did so far xxx

      Delete
  4. It is looking wonderful, but I think making it snowy on the roof and porch roof, and some Christmas trees and snowman decorations would finish of the porch quite nicely, with a wreath on the doors. Fairy lights if you could get them in miniature would be a nice touch as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carnivorna thank you so much for your comments. What you see at the moment is only a quarter of the finished project. There is still lots of work to do on the outside and inside before I even think of snow, lights and Christmas decorations. On the roof I still have to do the roof slates before the snow and that goes also for the porch. Like I said there is still alot to do. Keep tuned for more of my updates

      Delete