Hello my dear friends,
I hope you are all well and are enjoying your summer. Well here in Malta is pretty much the same; getting hotter and hotter! Today I want to welcome three new followers to my Blog; Melanie, Ana Correia and Sans DD. Welcome!
I have been really busy with the Fairy's Nook. Even if it is a very small project it still takes it's time. I don't mind it one bit. I don't like rushing them anyway. The only things that I get desperate to finish are the tough pieces or mostly the parts which keep me awake during the night.
In these past two weeks I have managed to finish mostly the roof. This property has a lift off roof to see inside so basically the roof has to have a wow factor on both the interior and the exterior. The interior was a head ache which I over came in a couple of hours. At first I wanted to give it just a one plain color with some shading and shadows but it looked very empty and plain compared to the interior walls. Then I decided to paint it with leaves. So once again my acrylic paints and paint brushes came out. I painted the whole ceiling with climbing leaves. It took me hours to finish but at the end it was all worth it.
|The Painted Ceiling that I did|
|Inside the room|
Then I started working on the roof. I knew from the beginning of this project how I wanted the roof. I think it was the first thing that was really clear in my imaginative picture. I got myself some leaf garland the cheapest that I found. 99p for a garland with free postage. I cut out the leaves and tiled it to the roof. I think it is the cheapest roof covering that I ever made. In this small project even if it is a 12th scale I wanted it to be built in the full life scale. I wanted to bring out this little fairy house to our real world. So the full sized leaves where just perfect.
|The roof covered in full scale leaves|
After that I started working on the lower grounds of this project which is practically under this one room. I have a clear picture of what I want only that I won't be saying anything before I actually believe that it is possible. Once again another headache to tackle. I have used another piece mdf wood cut in a circle and glued it to the base. I have used poly-fill to bring out the effect of a tree stump. Then I used paper and glue to make the rocks or uneven grounds around. So far I was pleased with the out come. Then my paint brushed and acrylic paint came back out. I have painted the whole base in different shades of brown and green. I tried to bring out the wood land effect.
|The building of the base|
|The Tree Stump and roots|
|Painting the base|
I am quite happy with the outcome. There is still a lot of work to be done especially in this area. Most probably it still has to be all covered. And finally this is how it looks like so far.
I hope you like what I have done so far on My Fairy's Nook. There is still so much to do.
I have also added more fairy's miniatures at My Miniature World Shop which I have made myself.
|Fairy's Water Jug and Canister|
|Fairy's Tea Set and plate of Fruite|
|Fairy's Candle Sticks|
I have also started a new line with some Decorative Ceramic miniature plates which I have made and are also available at my shop.
|Set of four Brambly Hedge Plates 'The four Seasons'|
|Set of Four Flower Fairy Plates|
This is all for today. Hope to see you soon. Please keep tuned for more updates on The Fairy's Nook.