Sunday 29 May 2016

Completing most of the Tudor Manor

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. The weather is getting warmer and warmer and finally I can say that Summer is here to stay. I am thrilled about it.

Finally I can say that the Vintage Tudor Manor is pretty much done. I am really happy to see it done.


Inside the Tudor Manor
Before I continue with the Tudor Manor I want to let you know that The Dolls House and Miniature Scene UK Magazine June's Issue is out and once again The Toll House is featured in it. So for those who get their copy watch out for the article. Eventually when I will get the copy I will be posting about it




Coming back to the Tudor Manor, I have been really busy with it and I am really pleased with the out come. I have added more accessories to the house and best of all I have added lights to all the rooms.

Starting from the top left room the bathroom is all ready and done with new accessories and the additional lighting at the back wall.




The nursery which is next to the bathroom has a new hand painted miniature teddy and the lamp shade will light up.





Then the bedroom was the first room to be complete. All I added was the lights at the back wall.



The staircase was never decorated. I have printed some 1930's painting and framed them up. It definitely looks much better. I also added a barometer and added the wall lights.













The sitting room which is on the right hand side on the ground floor has a new set up and I also added some new pieces to it. I have moved around the furniture pieces and also made from scratch a 1930's style small book shelf to fit in the space near the sofa. I have also hand painted the pipe rack with pipes.




I have also hand painted a pewter miniature carpet cleaner which I have placed in the sitting room,


Like the rest of the rooms I have also added some Art Deco style wall lights to room.





The kitchen and sitting room had to have to false ceilings so I could add the ceiling lights. The dining room had a few new additions too. A napkin holder and a pewter polished cruet set.



In the kitchen apart from the lighting I also added a few hand painted miniatures to the scene.



So I guess, this is pretty much it. I still have to connect the lighting. make curtains for all the rooms and maybe add a few miniatures. I can't believe that I actually finished it. I am really lucky to have one of the first prototype dolls house built by Adam Purser and decorated by Jackie Lee who are the founders of the Dolls House Emporium. This dolls house was one of the first dolls houses they made back in 1979. I am also happy that I have some nice and rare pieces such as the bathroom set and the washing machine in the kitchen. which make even the dolls house more special.

So this is all for today. I will be posting some pictures of it lit up with the curtains and last touches. So keep tuned for the next update.

Take Care and see you soon.

Hugs.

Rebecca xxx

8 comments:

  1. I love it. As I look into the house, I can really dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rene, I am so pleased you like it xxx

      Delete
  2. In a word: Fantastic !!!! Very good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Wow! Lovely lovely lovely!!! Thanks so much for sharing! :) Starr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Antedon. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  4. I love Tudor Manor. I really enjoyed the opportunity where I can live out my dreams in this house. I will really miss it. I love the new book idea and I am very interested in it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rene. I am so glad that you enjoyed it. I will be missing it to. Consider yourself in the draw xxx

      Delete