Friday 9 December 2016

Christmas Shadow Box

Hello Everyone,

How are you all? Hope you are fine. Are you all set for Christmas? I am looking forward to it like always. I love Christmas and I enjoy it especially with the kids and sharing the excitement of it all. There is so much to do and so much to prepare for. I also wanted to welcome two new followers to my blog; mfdez and Sylvie Vanden Berghe. Welcome!

Today I wanted to share with you my new Christmas Project. I have made a new Christmas Shadow Box display.


Finally I have found myself one of the Dolls House Emporium's Old Shadow Boxes and best of all the one in Mahogany. I always imagined this to be decorated with a Christmas Scene.


A few years ago I had decorated a Room Box with a Christmas Scene but for some reason it doesn't appeal to me like it used to and I believe that there is so much potential for the room box, that it looks wasted. 

Room Box
The pieces that I had used for the room box I decided to move them into the Shadow Box. There was no way I was going to used them for a Christmas project. I had gotten the lovely Resin pieces from DHE for free a few years ago and it was a pity if I didn't use them.

So the first thing I did was wall paper the walls and flooring. I have designed the pattern for the floor and printed it. On the walls I have added like a brick wall to add a little detail to the walls.



Once those were done I tried out the pieces that I wanted to add to make sure that everything will fit in the display.





At the ceiling of the shadow box I have also added embossed paper and added one single battery led light.



Once the pieces were all in place I started decorating the room with Christmas Decorations and accessories. And I was really happy to that most of the accessories used in the room box actually fitted in the shadow box. Also I was even happier to see the shadow box so full.









I enjoyed adding the little pieces and the decorations. It is fun to decorate a Christmas scene in Miniature. Now the Shadow Box is set in the Living Room and just in time for Christmas.





So I really hoped you have liked my new Christmas project. I already have some plans for now the empty Room box.



Before closing this post I wanted to remind you of our Christmas Advent Calendar. I hope you are all enjoying it. From what I can see so far it has reached over 2,000 views. Thank you all for your support and it is always a pleasure to see so many people interested.

Hopefully, as I am still working on the Queen Mary's bedroom Diorama, I am to start a new dolls house project.

Make sure to be good and don't forget to write Santa a letter. I have done one and my letter is pretty much the same as last year's. I am sure that you are not surprised!


So I guess this is all for today. Hope that you are all in the Christmas Spirit. Keep tuned for the next blog post. 

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxxx

14 comments:

  1. Un proyecto precioso, la escena queda genial ya que se pueden apreciar todos los detalles por la forma de la caja , a través de los cristales. Gracias por el calendario de adviento Feliz fin de semana :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feliz fin de semana para ti también. Estoy muy contento de que te haya gustado la exhibición y de que estés disfrutando del Calendario de Adviento. Xxx

      Delete
  2. Rebecca,la escena navideña es preciosa,con tan bellos detalles,muy bien ambientada,me encanta!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias a Pilar por sus amables palabras. Significa mucho para mí. Besos

      Delete
  3. Beautiful project, it smells of Christmas in there! And thank you for the Advent Calendar, I follow it everyday :) Happy Christmas to you and to your loved ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alexandra. I am so pleased that you are enjoying the Advent Calendar. Wishing you and your loved one a Very Merry Christmas xxx

      Delete
  4. Una escena y un blog preciosos, Rebecca, felicidades! Me quedo contigo :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias. Estoy tan contento de que te haya gustado. Puedes quedarte conmigo todo el tiempo que quieras. Xxx

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful scene and a lovely decoration to add to your home at Christmas, thank you for sharing.
    Have a wonderful Christmas
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jill, I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas to you too xxx

      Delete
  6. Feliz Navidad.
    Me encanta como te ha quedado la escena. En esa caja se ve preciosa.
    Gracias por el calendario navideño.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por sus amables palabras. Estoy muy contento de que estés disfrutando del Calendario de Adviento. Feliz Navidad a ti ya tus seres queridos xxx

      Delete
  7. Muy bonita la caja donde has puesto esta bonita escena de Navidad.. y también muy interesantes los tutos del calendario de Adviento . Feliz Navidad y Año nuevo 2017.Saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por sus amables palabras. Espero que hayas tenido una gran Navidad. Deseándole todo lo mejor del Año Nuevo 2017. xxxx

      Delete