Hope you had a fantastic weekend. Once again we had a very stormy weekend. I don't mind it that much as long as I and my family stayed indoors. Gilbert kept busy with the new dolls house premises while I spent time with the kids and had some quality time with my dolls house Project.
I started off with the flooring of both the ground floor rooms which will be the living room and the kitchen. I have used strip wood and ironed it on.
After finishing the flooring I varnished it with a walnut stain and I really like the dark color of it.
When that was done, complete and dried I wall papered the kitchen with a tile bird pattern. For this project I didn't want it to look Victorian but I didn't want it to look modern. So I think I am looking more like a vintage style.
I wasn't very fond of the paper at all but adding a few pieces of furniture it did make the trick I guess.
The kitchen is not complete yet and lot's of accessories still need to be added and made by me. But I like the first few touches.
So far this is how I have decorated it. There is a good chance that I will be changing most of it and definitely I will be adding so more.
Hope you like what I have done so far. Keep tuned for the next update on the project.
Take care and see you soon.