Sunday 18 February 2018

Posy's Dollshouse Shop - Micro Scale

Hello everyone, 

I hope you are all well and have enjoyed your weekend. I want to welcome the new followers of my blog too. A BIG WELCOME!  It has been a good and busy weekend I would say. The weather was quite nice even if it is cold, it gave me  a boost to do so many things especially within my miniature work. Apart from my everyday duties, I got to work on a few new miniatures, did a couple of miniatures for my clients, moved most of my dolls houses in to their new home and also got to work on a small project. 


Posy spends most of her time with me while working on my miniatures and projects. Being alone working in my miniature world, I love her company. She got to see me work on the last 3 projects which were pretty much dolls house shops. The little darling asked me for a dolls house of her own. How could I refuse anything she asks. 

Just in time my dear friend and fellow miniaturist Susan Fry who is an amazing dolls house interior designer contacted me to share with me her new micro scale miniature houses and furniture that she was working on. Susan and I are lucky enough that we got to meet each other twice. She visited me here in Malta where we got to discuss our businesses and obviously share our love for the miniatures.  Susan has more kits were you can visit her Site Elite Petite Interiors or her Face Book Page. Can't wait to see her again. 

The kit is very beautiful and has quite a lot of interior details. Eventually it will also light up.  Posy wanted a pretty dolls house shop and this was just perfect.


By now most of you know me. I always say that I will never work again on a micro scale project which is 1:144 scale and once again here I am, working on another tiny scale dolls house. Guess what?......I'm loving it!

I started off by working on the front of the shop. Trust me to do that first!


Then I started decorating the four story shop. Every story comes as an individual kit and then built on top of each other to make the whole property.



I have printed my own micro scale wall paper to decorate the rooms. 


They do take me a while to decorate as I want them as perfect as possible. 

Here are the 4 individual rooms decorated. 

The shop

The room on top of the shop

The room under the attic 

The attic

Now as the rooms are ready, they will be having a spiral staircase for each floor. Here how the rooms look on top of each other. 



There is still so much that I still need to do and add, but so far I am very happy with it. 

Besides I'm not the only one. Posy loves it and keeps asking me when I will continue working on it, but she is patient and knows that these miniatures do take some time before they are complete. 


So this is all for today. I hope you like this tiny project. Keep tuned for the next update on this project and I will be also sharing with you the progress on The Master Swordsman Pub & Inn. 

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs.

Rebecca xxx

12 comments:

  1. Really love this..I can't imagine working to such a small scale..well done..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posy is one lucky little bear!! Love the way it's turning out, so much love goes into it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jose. Yes Posy is quite a lucky bear. Glad you like it xxx

      Delete
  3. Que maravillosa casa,no puedo esperar a verla decorada!! El interior es precioso,me gustan mucho los papeles que has elegido para cada habitación!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias. Me complace que te haya gustado. Abrazos. xxx

      Delete
  4. You are doing a magnificent job with that micro house. I love the neatness and all the little details you have added already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan for your kind words. I'm really pleased that you liked it xxx

      Delete
  5. It's a lovely tiny house. I love it already.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Drora. I'm pleased that you liked it. xxx

      Delete